Lords of the Fallen is an thrilling recreation full of daunting challenges. Ability alone gained’t be sufficient to beat the ever-increasing risks you’ll face at the hours of darkness and treacherous world of this recreation. To face an opportunity towards the hordes of evil, you’ll want weapons that may slice by way of the darkness itself. Fortunately, Lords of the Fallen provides a weapon upgrading mechanic that may flip even essentially the most fundamental gear into highly effective instruments of destruction. On this information, we’ll stroll you thru the method of upgrading your weapons and equipment to make sure you’re absolutely outfitted to face the challenges that lie forward.
To begin your journey towards upgrading your gear, you’ll first want to search out the best NPC (Non-Playable Character) for the job. In Lords of the Fallen, Gerlinde the Blacksmith is the important thing to enhancing your weapons and equipment. Luckily, you’ll find her comparatively early within the recreation, however you’ll have to observe a couple of steps.
- Attain Pieta and Hub Space: Start by progressing by way of the sport till you attain Pieta and the hub space. This serves as your central hub the place you possibly can entry varied places and quests.
- Journey to Pilgrim’s Perch: After exploring Pieta, make your strategy to the cliffs resulting in Pilgrim’s Perch. It’s vital to discover the sport world and unlock totally different areas.
- Vestige of Blind Agatha: Navigate to the Vestige of Blind Agatha, which is a part of the sport’s setting. This location is crucial for advancing within the recreation.
- Discover the Elevator: Within the cave tunnels close to the Vestige of Blind Agatha, you’ll come throughout an elevator. Take this elevator to entry totally different elements of the sport world, together with checkpoints.
- Defeat the Protect-Bearing Knight: After exiting the elevator, you’ll encounter a shield-bearing knight. Interact in battle with this knight and defeat it. Remember to choose up the important thing it drops as this might be essential for the next step.
- Find Gerlinde: Gerlinde, the Blacksmith, could be present in a pit in the identical space the place you defeated the shield-bearing knight. Method her, have interaction in dialogue together with her, and provides her the important thing you acquired from the knight.
- Go to Skyrest Bridge’s Smithy: With the important thing in her possession, Gerlinde will relocate to the smithy at Skyrest Bridge. That is the place you possibly can entry her providers for all of your gear-related issues.
Upgrading Your Weapons and Gear
Now that you simply’ve discovered Gerlinde, you’re prepared to begin upgrading your weapons and equipment. Upgrades are achieved by way of using two sources: Vigor and Deralium. The quantity of Vigor and Deralium you spend determines the extent to which you’ll be able to improve an merchandise. Right here’s a breakdown of the Deralium sources and their improve limits:
- Small Deralium Fragment: Upgrades gadgets as much as +3.
- Common Deralium Nuggets: Enhances gadgets as much as +5.
- Giant Deralium Shards: Permits for upgrades as much as +9.
- Deralium Chunk: Supplies the potential for upgrades as much as +10.
It’s vital to notice that in Lords of the Fallen, boss weapons observe the identical improve guidelines as commonplace weapons. Which means that additionally they use the Deralium sources listed above. Nonetheless, boss weapons can solely be upgraded as much as +5, whatever the Deralium sort you utilize.
Whereas armor units in Lords of the Fallen can’t be upgraded, shields can bear enhancements. Upgrading a protect will increase its defensive capabilities towards all forms of harm. Nonetheless, remember that totally different shields have various base values. For instance, a wood buckler is not going to present the identical degree of protection as a heavy metallic tower protect, however will probably be lighter, permitting for extra agile actions.